See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: MEP schedules

Login to Give a bone

Post MEP schedules

Hi, I have a issue in schedules.
    I have Architectural model & MEP models(Different trade Models).
    I need to show the MEP elements schedules in Archi model. It's something like Room Data as it's Healthcare project.

What I did, I created Rooms & Spaces in Archi model and tried o create schedules for MEP equipment & Fixtures(Linked file). But Room/Space name wouldn't appear in the schedule. Please find the attached file for the reference
    Only if I create spaces in MEP models, then space name appear when I create schedules in Archi Model. If it's so, I have to create spaces individually for all MEP trade models.

Am I able to create Rooms and Spaces in Archi model and link the MEP models and create schedules for MEP elements for Rooms/Space?

Please advise me how can I achieve that.

Thank you,

regards,
    Shan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MEP schedules

Hi'
    I think you can achieve that by using Dynamo.
    Hope this link help.

Login to Give a bone

Thank you Meteni,

I will try Dynamo as I am not familiar with Dynamo yet
    Thank you again for your advice and the link for the guide

Regards,
    Shan

Login to Give a bone

Generally, to schedule "stuff" in a Room or Space, you need the "stuff" to be in a Room or Space within the same model. Yes, Dynamo can bridge that gap, but we've been doing okay without Dynamo by linking Rooms to Spaces between AR and MEP for...well, since the beginning of MEP in 2008 (not that it's been all puppies and rainbows).

Spaces are specifically "aware" of Rooms from a linked model( or models) and can acquire/display and copy that information across the link, but by being their own objects can allow some flexibility for engineering calculations that might conflict with conventional planning for wayfinding or finishes in an AR/ID model. Generally, we use Spaces in MEP, and copy the Room Name / Number from the linked RVT over to each Space, then schedule away. There is a tool to place Space automatically, picking up on all the boundaries from the linked RVT. Quick and dirty. Then, you can use nifty little tools to copy the Room info over, like this: https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Det...en&os=Win32_64

That all said, Dynamo is a way cooler approach. Just wanted to share the tried and true method we use day to day as a point of contrast.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Hello Folks,
    I have created Dynamo script for Room Name & Number information for MEP Objects.
    There are many companies are using Revit link option for Coordination across different disciplines (for example, an architectural, structural and MEP Model)
    Everyone knows it’s very difficult to extract the Link Architectural model Room Name & Number information in MEP model for objects schedule.
    As we know, we required to extract MEP object schedule along with room name & number for easiness.
    We also required the same information but usually we do manually all this procedure & wasting numbers of hour to just rectifying the information.
    Kindly find below steps for dynamo script & attached image for information.
    1) Open MEP model.
    2) Link the Architectural Model into MEP Model.
    3) Select Architectural model & on the Room Bounding option.
    4) Add Automatic Space on Link Architectural model.
    5) Add Project share parameter (Category- Electrical Fixture) parameter name should be Room Name & Room Number. (Type of parameter is Text).
    6) Now open dynamo script as per attached image & run the script for Room Name & Numbers.
    7) Script will be collecting all the room name & number information form link model and load into the MEP objects properties.#Room Name#MEP Objects.Room Name From Link Model..pngCapture.JPG