See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Extract OBJECT DATA in Lisp

Login to Give a bone

Default Extract OBJECT DATA in Lisp

GIS Mapping
    I have a drawing from the County containing every Lot in the County.
    The lots are Closed Polylines, with Object Data containing the Block and Lot number info.

I want to write a Lisp routine where I select the Closed Polyline, then pick a point, and ACAD inserts an attributed block at that point with the Block & Lot number filled in for me (I already have this block, use it almost every project).

The routine should be easy for me to write, but I have not been able to determine how to extract the Object Data.
    A plain old ENTGET does not get the Object Data.
    It's apparently not a ENTNEXT thing, that just seems to get me the next polyline in the drawing.

All I need is to set a variable to the value of the Object Data, and I'll be able to complete the routine.

My googleing yielded nothing...

Thanks Guys!
    Jeff

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Extract OBJECT DATA in Lisp

I have a routine that labels most of our GIS stuff from contour elevations to parcel information. Selecting a lot gives the options to label Area, Street number, TaxID#, Owner, Owner+Address, List of data, or open links to lot specific Property Appraiser, online GIS map, or Tax information.

Problem is all this information is stored differently by everybody so my routine can only serve as an example to get you started.

Hope it helps,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Tom.
    I'll look that routine over and see if I can figure it out.

Login to Give a bone

Object Data (OD) is stored differently, as it is not a part of the Entity Class, which applies to all graphical objects.

You'll need to identify the names of the OD nodes you need to extract, and then use the applicable ADE_* LispFunctions to extract... Or simply use MAPQUERY Command for same.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

@BB, I have a different need, but similar to the above. I have the OD table created and the fields attached to my pipes, now I need to get the actual OD transferred to the pipes as attached Object Data. I will dig through the lisp routine and see what I can make use of along with what I may need to tweak or rebuild. But since these are C3D Pipes and the data is already there, just trying to figure out the easiest method to copy that data into the appropriate OD Fields.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by MHultgren View Post
    ... But since these are C3D Pipes and the data is already there, just trying to figure out the easiest method to copy that data into the appropriate OD Fields.
    Not sure that I follow - You're wanting to duplicate C3D Pipe info (data already there) as OD?
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000