See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Create a Selection set from Civil 3D point group or point description.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Create a Selection set from Civil 3D point group or point description.

Thanks for the advice, tips, and book recommendations. Time to learn at the moment is limited. I would like to move to, well actually just add, .NET to my toolbox. I know enough to put together some .NET, but am not comfortable enough to run through as I am LISP.

And the post merge thing, wait a few minutes between posts. I know, it seriously throws a monkey wrench in the works when you are on a roll. Sorry.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Create a Selection set from Civil 3D point group or point description.

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    Thanks for the advice, tips, and book recommendations. Time to learn at the moment is limited. I would like to move to, well actually just add, .NET to my toolbox. I know enough to put together some .NET, but am not comfortable enough to run through as I am LISP.
    What little wisdom I've been able to accrue, I'm happy to share.

What I neglected to mention, is that learning .NET can easily be an exponential curve.

That is to say, that once you learn X, learning Y, and Z are even quicker to learn, which themselves make subsequent tasks even easier. Inheritance based polymorphism is the first thing that tends to blow a LISPer's mind, and is a Godsend, frankly (sounds way more complicated than it really is). Haha

The next might be Method Overloads... 'What do you mean I can have the same 'Defun' with different arguments!?' Ehhhehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    And the post merge thing, wait a few minutes between posts. I know, it seriously throws a monkey wrench in the works when you are on a roll. Sorry.
    Grrrr... You know, if I were coding that functionality, I'd implement a character length logic test, if less than the max, then append as a post update, else create a new post. Haha #JustSaying

Cheers
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2016-08-05 at 04:11 PM. Reason: I can haz a grammer
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

This was a long thread and I didn't read the whole thing so I apologize if this has already been mentioned.

You can created a group by description matching then right-click on the point group in the prospector and choose select from the menu.

Login to Give a bone

Hello BlackBox, I'm reading through this thread in an effort to find a way to list C3D points by a selection set. Is that the intent of the LISP you wrote here? Does C3D have the ability to list a set of points by "window"? Am I overlooking the obvious?
    TIA

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

create your selection set, then run the points list report, and use P, for Previous to define the desired points to list.
    and or use a point group

points list.PNG
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2021-05-20 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Added line breaks before image for better formatting.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rickquin651723 View Post
    Hello BlackBox, I'm reading through this thread in an effort to find a way to list C3D points by a selection set. Is that the intent of the LISP you wrote here? Does C3D have the ability to list a set of points by "window"? Am I overlooking the obvious?
    TIA
    What a long thread to try and read through; I had way too much to say back then.

Let's start with what do you mean by 'list C3D points by a selection set'... As in, select some COGO Points (various Point Groups, Styles, Layers, etc), then right click, select 'Edit Points...' menu item?
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    What a long thread to try and read through; I had way too much to say back then.

Let's start with what do you mean by 'list C3D points by a selection set'... As in, select some COGO Points (various Point Groups, Styles, Layers, etc), then right click, select 'Edit Points...' menu item?
    that and then a 'copy to clipboard' if one needed an output...

Login to Give a bone

Well, back in the day when I used Eagle Point, I could just do a crossing window and it would grab all the points within that window and ignore all the other geometry inside the window. I think it even told you how many nodes it found, which would be handy for this new drill I'm having to do. We have a new client with new needs!

"I had way too much to say back then."........That's funny, I don't care who y'are

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

create point group

selection set in drawing does that....

I also guess that Jeff could make a tool do mimic that functionality without use of the group

Login to Give a bone

I'm starting a new project and I'm gonna give your "report method" a whirl, I'd forgotten about that. I'm having to keep numbers on specific points in very specific places. In my 1st go-'round I overlooked a point and it cost me hours. Thanks, mjfarrel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast