Thread: Site Contours?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Site Contours?

I have entered the site contours using the absolute method, but the topo ended higher than my building floor elevations. When I checked the elevation of the topo it was different than the elevation I have entered. What I am doing wrong? I hope I am explaining this clearly.

Thank you all in advance.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Site Contours?

When you place topo points using Absolute, they are placed relative to the views associated level.

Say you are placing points from a site plan view. The Site Plan View's associated level is the Ground Floor. When you place a point at elevation 0.0, it is placed at the same level as the ground floor plane. A point placed at an absolute level of 5.0 m, is placed 5000 mm above the ground floor plane.

Make sense ?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Hi Beegee,

I have been playing this for a while now and I still don't get it. I am doing the topo on the site plan. Under the View Range, the associated views are the Basement Slab Elevation. When I was test drawing the topo with 0'-0" absolute value, the topo ended up 3'6" below my slab elevation. Is there a setting somewhere in Revit that sets where the topo goes. I don't understand.

URGENT HELP!

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Give a bone

In that case, your 0'.0" absolute level is 3' 6" below your Basement.

You can either enter your topo points using -3' 6" to get topo points at the Basement level, or else, lock your level lines with a dimension string and then change the basement level to 0' 0". ( Relocate Project, in this case would also relocate the topo surface )
    HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    Hi Beegee,

I have been playing this for a while now and I still don't get it. I am doing the topo on the site plan. Under the View Range, the associated views are the Basement Slab Elevation. When I was test drawing the topo with 0'-0" absolute value, the topo ended up 3'6" below my slab elevation. Is there a setting somewhere in Revit that sets where the topo goes. I don't understand.

URGENT HELP!

Thanks,

Jason

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Now that I know the topo is 3'-6" below my basement level, I can easily locate the topo at the proper elevation. Thanks Beegee. Out of curiosity, why is it 3'-6" below the basement slab and not exactly at the basement slab level. I tried drawing a topo within a sample project in the training folder, the topo was exactly at the assosciated level on the site view as you had previously stated. But in this case, it is 3'-6" below the associated level. Right now my basement level is at 134.42' above sea level and the topo is is at 136'. When I entered the points it is 3'-6" off. Is there a setting to change 3'6" so that is it 0' from basement level. I hope I am making sense. It is 3:00am in Vancouver, Canada right now and I am not that coherent. Once again thanks for your help.

Login to Give a bone

The Basement is set 3’ 6” higher than the original lowest level ( which was the absolute level = 0’ 0” ) Probably the Basement Level was altered at some point in the project, by selecting and moving it, or by changing it’s level via its label. ( The difference could be 1.58’, not 3’ 6”, according to your relative levels )

To get the topo at the same relative level as the Basement, you can either move the building levels down, as I described in my earlier post, or move the topo up.

To move the topo up, select it in a 3D view, go to an elevation view and select a point to move and enter the move distance.