Thread: Intuitive ViewCube Off

Wish List Administration

Default Intuitive ViewCube Off

Summary: Add a "Turn ViewCube Off" option to ViewCube Settings.

Description: I never use the view cube and it was getting in my way, so I wanted to turn it off. Right clicking on the view cube gets you to the "ViewCube Settings" dialog box but there is no way to turn it off from there. I googled it and found out that you have to go to Options and uncheck the "2D Wireframe visual style" on the 3D Modeling tab, or, you could go to the "View" ribbon, and turn it off in "Viewport Tools" (I wanted it off in the model). Adding a simple check box to ViewCube Settings would be an easy fix and make it more intuitive.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - 3D

Submitted By: kayak on 09/14/2016

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Intuitive ViewCube Off

Intuitive ViewCube Off

Summary: Add a "Turn ViewCube Off" option to ViewCube Settings.

Description: I never use the view cube and it was getting in my way, so I wanted to turn it off. Right clicking on the view cube gets you to the "ViewCube Settings" dialog box but there is no way to turn it off from there. I googled it and found out that you have to go to Options and uncheck the "2D Wireframe visual style" (what?) on the 3D Modeling tab, or, you could go to the "View" ribbon, and turn it off in "Viewport Tools" (I wanted it off in the model). Adding a simple check box to ViewCube Settings would be an easy fix and make it more intuitive.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - User Interface

Submitted By: kayak on 09/14/2016

Certifiable AUGI Addict

Default Re: Intuitive ViewCube Off

Used to be a pain on older versions, not sure what version you're using now. I can now control it in Options on the 3D Modeling tab unchecking options under Display the ViewCube, in the Ribbon, on the Navigation Bar, in the Viewport Controls, or by setting the NavVCubeDisplay system variable in acaddoc.lsp.

Default Re: Intuitive ViewCube Off

Agreed that there are numerous ways to kill the viewcube, but the one place that makes the most rational sense would be right-clicking and settings. Then again, I've not noticed Autodesk embracing rationality lately..

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Intuitive ViewCube Off

This wish has been reported as granted and already in the software.