Thread: Beginner Question How to change the dynamic block properties in AutoLisp

Login to Give a bone

Cool Beginner Question How to change the dynamic block properties in AutoLisp

I am pretty new in autolisp. what I want to do is to use insert command to insert a dynamic block to my drawing let's say
    (command "_INSERT" "C:\\dynamic_block.dwg" insert_point 1 1 0 )

it has a property (attribute) called "length", then how to capture the block and set its properties length in my AutoLisp code?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Beginner Question How to change the dynamic block properties in AutoLisp

Check your ATTDIA + ATTREQ sysvar values, as these will allow you to supply values.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Beginner Question How to change the dynamic block properties in AutoLisp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    Check your ATTDIA + ATTREQ sysvar values, as these will allow you to supply values.

Cheers
    Thanks for replying, can you show me a more detailed step? specific commands that can capture the block and set its att value?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by chen.jing735828 View Post
    Thanks for replying, can you show me a more detailed step? specific commands that can capture the block and set its att value?
    When ATTDIA == 0, the INSERT Command issues prompts at the Command Line, instead of using a dialog, which means you can supply desired values to the INSERT Command.

When ATTREQ == 1, the prompts for Attribute values is turned on (or dialog is shown, depending on ATTDIA value).

With that understanding... If you want a LISP routine to do this for you, store the original values of ATTDIA & ATTREQ, set them accordingly, invoke the INSERT Command, supply the necessary parameters to successfully insert, and populate the attribute(s), and finally restore the original ATTDIA & ATTREQ values.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Dynamic blocks have both properties and attributes. Are you wanting to change an attribute named "Length" or are you wanting to change a length dynamic property? Or both?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dgorsman View Post
    Dynamic blocks have both properties and attributes. Are you wanting to change an attribute named "Length" or are you wanting to change a length dynamic property? Or both?
    Sorry for the confusion, Actually both. but Firstly I want to understand how to change the *** length dynamic property***

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    When ATTDIA == 0, the INSERT Command issues prompts at the Command Line, instead of using a dialog, which means you can supply desired values to the INSERT Command.

When ATTREQ == 1, the prompts for Attribute values is turned on (or dialog is shown, depending on ATTDIA value).

With that understanding... If you want a LISP routine to do this for you, store the original values of ATTDIA & ATTREQ, set them accordingly, invoke the INSERT Command, supply the necessary parameters to successfully insert, and populate the attribute(s), and finally restore the original ATTDIA & ATTREQ values.

Cheers
    wow, It worked, Thanks for that, but what about changing the dynamic properties of the block I am inserting, (eg. stretch the length of a rectangle) Do you have any ideas about that?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Go to www.lee-mac.com he has a dynamic block lisp, so insert block at original scale which I take would be 1 then just update the dynamic block using Lee's code.