Thread: mirrored annotative block issue

Login to Give a bone

Default mirrored annotative block issue

Hi, i have AutoCAD LT 2014.

i have made an annotative block (scaled uniformely) and have made 3 annotative scales for it. If i mirror this block, everything looks ok, scale is -1 for x, 1 for y and 1 for Z.
    but if i save, close and reopen the dwg, mirrored block is ok only in scale what i made source block. other two scales display block far away from original insert point and scale is 1 for x, 1 for y and -1 for z.

I tried the same in AutoCAD 2015 and everything works. The same block works ok until reopened in LT 2014.

What's wrong, please?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: mirrored annotative block issue

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Sedlacek View Post
    Hi, i have AutoCAD LT 2014.

i have made an annotative block (scaled uniformely) and have made 3 annotative scales for it. If i mirror this block, everything looks ok, scale is -1 for x, 1 for y and 1 for Z.
    but if i save, close and reopen the dwg, mirrored block is ok only in scale what i made source block. other two scales display block far away from original insert point and scale is 1 for x, 1 for y and -1 for z.

I tried the same in AutoCAD 2015 and everything works. The same block works ok until reopened in LT 2014.

What's wrong, please?

What's wrong? You mirrored the annotated block! In my experience, despite what _should_ work just fine does not when mirroring with annotated blocks.

One one large project, I discovered that anywhere I had mirrored the annotated dynamic block that it was problematic in its display. I tried mirroring those blocks back again, to no avail.

The very time consuming solution was to replace, one by one (each had a different value and orientation), every single block. All my tinkering could not redeem the block once it had been mirrored.

FYI, I believe I was using AutoCAD LT 2016 when this problem occurred.

Also, in the interest of good science, I have had no issues with annotated non-dynamic blocks. You mention that yours also has annotative scales embedded, so that might be at issue.

I'd love to know if someone has a workaround! Maybe there is some property that could be set prior to defining the block?

Login to Give a bone

it seems LT is the problem. i tried full acad 2015 and 2016 and it works until saved in LT. after saving in LT and reopening in full acad, it is broken.

Login to Give a bone

And in acad 2014 LT the problem occures in any (non-dynamic either dynamic) annotative blocks.