Thread: Angular Dimension Suffix

Wish List Administration

Default Angular Dimension Suffix

Summary: You get a suffix on angular dimensions when you set a suffix for linear dimensions

Description: You get a suffix on angular dimensions when you set a suffix for linear dimensions, e.g., I use an apostrophe suffix for a foot symbol in the linear dimension settings.
    If I use an angular dimension with degrees, minutes, seconds; I get a result like this: 89°08'20"' (89 deg, 8 min, 20 sec with an extra ' at the end)

You might say use a separate style for angular dims, but that is a ridiculous waste of time.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Other

Submitted By: Mike Mathews on 10/11/2016

Default Re: Angular Dimension Suffix

well, that's the way it's worked for what, 20 - 30 years? Also has nothing to do with C3d, rather vanilla Acad.

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Angular Dimension Suffix

Angular Dimension Suffix

Summary: You get a suffix on angular dimensions when you set a suffix for linear dimensions

Description: You get a suffix on angular dimensions when you set a suffix for linear dimensions, e.g., I use an apostrophe suffix for a foot symbol in the linear dimension settings.
    If I use an angular dimension with degrees, minutes, seconds; I get a result like this: 89°08'20"' (89 deg, 8 min, 20 sec with an extra ' at the end)

You might say: use a separate style for angular dims, but that is a ridiculous waste of time.

This is a vanilla AutoCAD issue, not just C3D.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Other

Submitted By: Mike Mathews on 10/11/2016