Thread: Revit Glitch - Elements Disappered from 3D Views

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Revit Glitch - Elements Disappered from 3D Views

Hi There,

I have the following error / glitch and I can't find relating information anywhere.

- When working in a file certain elements in the 3D view do not appear even when creating new 3D views. They do however appear in section and plan.
    - These elements have both been part of a group and not part of a group. However when a group containing an element which has disappeared is ungrouped, the element then reappears
    - When elements such as curtain mullions have disappeared, they reappear when cut and pasted back in place.
    - I have run the file on two separate computers so I can rule out graphics.
    - All elements are on in visibility graphics and they don't appear when reveal hidden is turned on.

The problem has happened a couple of times but on different elements. I'm worried that when exporting the model from 3D, the disappeared elements will be missing in the export file.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Miguel

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Glitch - Elements Disappered from 3D Views

It sounds like the elements disappearing are on a different workset that is off by default in VG settings for 3D views. Check the worksets the elements are on in their properties and what workset you are drawing in

Login to Give a bone

Was that element "Excluded" from the group prior?
    Is there a filter applied in a template perhaps?
    What happens when you select the element in a section (where it's visible) and then go to a 3d view where it's not and then right click. Do you get the option to 'unhide element if view?"
    Just some thoughts.
    Another reason why I dislike the over use of groups. Bad things can happen with them. I never like to include hosting objects in groups.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by migueldmmachado354927 View Post
    Hi There,

I have the following error / glitch and I can't find relating information anywhere.

- When working in a file certain elements in the 3D view do not appear even when creating new 3D views. They do however appear in section and plan.
    - These elements have both been part of a group and not part of a group. However when a group containing an element which has disappeared is ungrouped, the element then reappears
    - When elements such as curtain mullions have disappeared, they reappear when cut and pasted back in place.
    - I have run the file on two separate computers so I can rule out graphics.
    - All elements are on in visibility graphics and they don't appear when reveal hidden is turned on.

The problem has happened a couple of times but on different elements. I'm worried that when exporting the model from 3D, the disappeared elements will be missing in the export file.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Miguel
    Miquel,

We had a similar issue and and went through all the steps online of updating the graphics card, checking hardware acceleration, telling windows to used the RTX card, power settings and more. Turns out it was Revits camera. go to the camera setting in a view and sett it to a number that makes sense and the view will reset and the items will appear correctly in 3D.

- - - Updated - - -

We had a similar issue and and went through all the steps online of updating the graphics card, checking hardware acceleration, telling windows to use the RTX card, power settings and more. Turns out it was Revit's camera. Go to the camera setting in a view and set it to a number that makes sense and the view will reset and the items will appear correctly in 3D.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Use the "Reveal Hidden Elements" tool in the view control bar to reveal hidden elements. When utilizing this tool, both hidden components and hidden categories will be highlighted in red.