Thread: Profile Band reads Pipe Elevation

Wish List Administration

Default Profile Band reads Pipe Elevation

Summary: I wish the profile view band would read the pipe elevation displayed in the profile view.

Description: I wish the profile view band would read and display the pipe elevation displayed in the profile view the way it does for sampled and design profiles.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Pipe Network

Submitted By: guitar_chuck on 11/10/2016

Default Re: Profile Band reads Pipe Elevation

I'm not sure how useful that would be, but it is something that could be done. In the interim, you can create a 'pipe profile' using a non-plot layer and simply trace your pile cl, flowline, or top of pipe (whichever matters to the design intent) and add that to the band display

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    I'm not sure how useful that would be, but it is something that could be done. In the interim, you can create a 'pipe profile' using a non-plot layer and simply trace your pile cl, flowline, or top of pipe (whichever matters to the design intent) and add that to the band display
    1+

This is what I do when needing to include top of pipe, cover, etc., particularly for directional drills which I already draw using Profile with Tangent and Curves, after first specifying the min bend radius for the applicable size HDPE pipe in Curve settings.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Profile Band reads Pipe Elevation

Profile Band reads Pipe Elevation

Summary: I wish the profile view band would read the pipe elevation displayed in the profile view.

Description: I wish the profile view band would read and display the pipe elevation displayed in the profile view the way it does for sampled and design profiles.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Pipe Network

Submitted By: guitar_chuck on 11/10/2016

Yes Yes Yes!