Thread: Who is doing BIM best?

Login to Give a bone

Default Who is doing BIM best?

I don't want to continue to improve my Revit/CAD/BIM skills on my own. I have spent years creating MEP families, doing Navisworks coordination, creating Revit "best practices" for models.

What US companies would be best in the construction, architecture, MEP and manufacturing to really learn from?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Who is doing BIM best?

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Ridenour View Post
    I don't want to continue to improve my Revit/CAD/BIM skills on my own. I have spent years creating MEP families, doing Navisworks coordination, creating Revit "best practices" for models.

What US companies would be best in the construction, architecture, MEP and manufacturing to really learn from?
    Have you been to one of the BILT events? (previously called RTC.) From what I can gather, they're pretty selective about the people who speak there. Looking at the companies they work for would be a decent gauge I suppose.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Within the emerging field of BIM management there are several companies that offer services for best practices and even consulting for AEC firms that don't have a BIM manager position, on a fee or percentage basis. One company that I have been following is 'Evolve Lab.' They have a blog that is helpful and they are very easy to communicate with. Perhaps that is a starting point for the spiral...they can be found at evolvebim.com. All the best...

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Anyone that has asked this question should find what James Benham is doing to at least be interesting, if not always practical (at the moment). BUT there is a lot of obvious and hidden value in what he is doing.

https://www.lynda.com/CAD-tutorials/.../574682-2.html

Login to Give a bone

Check out Main Stage presenters from Autodesk University. Skanska, Hensel Phelps, Mortenson. Shapiro & Duncan, Southland Industries, Baker. SmithGroup, KTGY.

The problem is there are always "A" teams and then there are the B and C teams. Many people who do well will also leave these companies - some for resellers, some for Autodesk, and some for their own company (C-Los). BiLT is a great place to go to meet these people - if they have time to attend that year.

Break it down more and you can get the tops in the field: Dynamo? Marcello Sgambelluri. Structure? Ian Coats. Etc etc.