Thread: C3d export to AutoCAD

Wish List Administration

Default C3d export to AutoCAD

Summary: Better export from C3d to AutoCAD

Description: Often, others in my office or in other offices don't have Civil 3D, but they want to incorporate line work from alignment plans and profiles. Exporting to AutoCAD has mixed results, at best. The exported DWG file(s) should look just the same as the C3d file(s).

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Other

Submitted By: Maverick91 on 03/31/2017

Default Re: C3d export to AutoCAD

not to disagree, but doesn't the c3d object enabler do that? Presuming that the recipient isn't going to try and edit the c3d objects....
    Real pirates wear silk suits & ties, and write EULAs
    The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government, is big business.

Toward a Sustainable Water Future: Visions for 2050 http://ascelibrary.org/doi/book/10.1061/9780784412077

I could stop if I wanted to

Default Re: C3d export to AutoCAD

Quote Originally Posted by Wish List System View Post
    Summary: Better export from C3d to AutoCAD

Description: Often, others in my office or in other offices don't have Civil 3D, but they want to incorporate line work from alignment plans and profiles. Exporting to AutoCAD has mixed results, at best. The exported DWG file(s) should look just the same as the C3d file(s).

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Other

Submitted By: Maverick91 on 03/31/2017
    Somethings to check for. If C3D has any locked layers, locked objsects points surfaces etc or any XREF's it won't export correctly