Thread: Documentation Vault

Login to Give a bone

Default Documentation Vault

Hi all, I have a question about the implementation documentation for Vault where I am looking for. I want use Vault as document / release manager for AutoCAD but also for third party System Engineering application. I want to know if there SDKs are available and what the possibilities are with the SQL database for implementing the third party application (versions data an title block information for example are stored in the own SQL table of the system engineering application). I can't found anything about it.
    Last edited by marcoton411459; 2017-04-11 at 07:41 PM.

Engineering App Dev
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Documentation Vault

So first, it's going to depend on what version of Vault you are using. If you want to use Vault for lifecyle/release management then you will need to have the Vault Workgroup or Vault Professional.
    If you have any plans for further integration into other softwares/ERP systems I would recommend Vault Professional.
    Here is a link to compare the various Vault products. https://www.autodesk.co.uk/products/...mpare-products

Next, you'll want to navigate to the folder in which Vault was installed on your machine and run the setup.exe located in the SDK folder.
    Typ location: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Vault Professional <Year>\SDK

Once complete you will have everything you need to start using the Vault API and developing your own extensions/application that interface with Vault.
    If installing the SDK to the default location then you should find the installed files here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault <Year> SDK
    Look for the Vault SDK.chm file for documentation on the API and how to use it.

Regarding the SQL part, that will have to be something you do from your own code. Autodesk does not allow you to access Vault's database directly and even warns against it.
    You will need to use the relevant Vault API calls to get the data you want from Vault and fill your own database tables.

Hope this helps.