Thread: date time, location of drawing stamp

Login to Give a bone

Default date time, location of drawing stamp

Hello,
    We used to have a great date, time, location of drawing stamp and now it's just a big rectangular box with an x through it. I looked on line and found the command plotstamp, but, everytime you need to type revdate to update it before you plot and it used to do it automatically. Is there something better? how to get the old one to work? This seems to only happen in AutoCAD Light. We have two versions of AutoCAD light and one full version of AutoCAD. We prefer the old one that just had the file name, date, time and user and it was lighter in color. The new one has same information but in different order and is darker. Thanks!

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: date time, location of drawing stamp

Sounds like the old one was done using RTEXT. Look into using fields in text or block attributes.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Did you [Load] the same Plotstamp parameter file *.pss as you were using in the previous release?

Login to Give a bone

I do not know how to do that if you could please tell me. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

If you could explain what you mean by 'look into fields in text or block attributes'. Thank you.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

The REVDATE command is only in LT so it will not work for both: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...44708-htm.html

Fields work in both LT and the full version. In the Date & Time category there are four fields: CreateDate, Date, PlotDate, and SaveDate: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...52327-htm.html

Plotstamp never worked very well and lacked the update ability of fields. Fields can also be placed inside attributes, text or mtext making adding them to title blocks easy.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post
    The REVDATE command is only in LT so it will not work for both: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...44708-htm.html

Fields work in both LT and the full version. In the Date & Time category there are four fields: CreateDate, Date, PlotDate, and SaveDate: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...52327-htm.html

Plotstamp never worked very well and lacked the update ability of fields. Fields can also be placed inside attributes, text or mtext making adding them to title blocks easy.
    Thank you for more detailed information. I tried to use the 'Field' Command, I selected PlotDate and then what looks to be a mtext box came up but, I wasn't sure what to type in there. When I tried to type something it said it was an unknown command and then the screen was black, so I undid. What would be helpful is a step by step instruction on how to use the command to a achieve a date stamp for us Thanks!

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sc_recycle View Post
    Thank you for more detailed information. I tried to use the 'Field' Command, I selected PlotDate and then what looks to be a mtext box came up but, I wasn't sure what to type in there. When I tried to type something it said it was an unknown command and then the screen was black, so I undid. What would be helpful is a step by step instruction on how to use the command to a achieve a date stamp for us Thanks!
    Start the FIELD command again, in the dialog box click the [Help] button for step by step instruction.
    https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...52327-htm.html

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

You can also right-click inside most text objects (TEXT, MTEXT, etc.) and select "Insert field...". Its all dialog based, nothing really to explain.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sc_recycle View Post
    Thank you for more detailed information. I tried to use the 'Field' Command, I selected PlotDate and then what looks to be a mtext box came up but, I wasn't sure what to type in there.
    You don't have to type anything in there, unless you want extra text.
    If you want a DATE object, that always updates, read this.

Here is short video:

R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |