Thread: Featureline Quick Relative Elevation Editor

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Featureline Quick Relative Elevation Editor

I cant find it, and with all the tools that are available, I cant believe that this one doesnt exist. I think almost all the tools that are available in the elevation editor table, are also available to edit points outside of the table, graphically on screen, except the one I need.
    I'm looking to adjust a pi's elevation by a relative amount. I'm running curb feature lines, and I've got my back of curb, where I need to dub it down for sidewalk ramp access. I cannot find a fast way to just say, drop this point or these 5 points 0.42 feet. The elevation editor can do it, but I spend way too much time guessing what my start and end stations are. I dont want to lower the entire feature line, just small portions of it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Featureline Quick Relative Elevation Editor

Try this.

Draw a new feature line, within the same site, of the same style, on top of the area range you want to lower. The new feature line will pick up the elevation of the current line and they will react to each other. Now use the lowering tool to lower this new feature line and the original line will react with it.

Login to Give a bone

I usually just break the Feature Line at start and end of the segment I need to lower, perhaps add any critical vertices to the adjacent segments before and after the segment to be lowered (i.e., for curb transitions, etc.), then select the desired segment, right click and select Raise/Lower menu item. Done.

This also helps to prevent unintentional SETFEATUREGRADE command calls from changing this segment by not being able to pass through the lowered segment (if that makes sense).

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

I use the Quick Elevation Edit Routine. Select the feature line then snap to the point you want to edit and adjust the elevation.

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    I use the Quick Elevation Edit Routine. Select the feature line then snap to the point you want to edit and adjust the elevation.
    that works, if I know the elevation I want. In this case, I want to adjust the elevation relative to the current elevation the point already has. Unless there is some option that I dont seem to be able to find.

Login to Give a bone

presuming the current elevation is 17.363, and you want to lower it a half-foot, key in (- 17.363 0.5).

Login to Give a bone

I draw a new feature line over the section I want to lower then lower that new feature line by 0.5. The new feature line will react with the old one and lower its elevations in that area the same amount.

The new feature line could be given a different style with a higher rank in the site properties and take control of those elevation points.