Hello, everyone,

I've started managing a project very recently of a very big hotel and we are going to collaborate with the construction documentation process and interior design, populating the central file and documenting it accordingly.

Just happens that there are more than 20 floors and there are two types of rooms, so I though about, instead of working directly on the central file, making a sub-project for each room-type (i.e, ROOM-TYPE-A, ROOM-TYPE-B), and then insert it into the central file and copy it multiple times to all the rooms.

By doing that I'll be able to update all the interiors at once just by updating the linked file and it will save me a lot of time.

However, when I insert a linked revit file into the central file it will be placed on the exact same level (if the subproject is on level 1, for instance, it will be placed on level 1 in the central file as well). Then, if I copy it to other levels it will go to each respective level, but for the sub-project it will always be on the original level, which means that if I try to move it again, the subproject will think that it is still on level one and won't move accordingly.

In order to solve that, I used the "bend link" option and transformed the entire ROOM-TYPE into a group, which allowed me to copy it to any level as I please with no restrictions. Then, after doing that, all I have to do is transform it into a link again and voilá, everything works perfectly.

An alternative option would be simply drag and copy the link to the level I want using any elevation or section, but that (I think) may result in innacurate placements, which may further on lead to clashes, re-work, etc, etc.

I just want to know what you guys think about it and share some alternatives if you have

Regards,