Thread: 2018 Survey Figure Lines Connectivity

Login to Give a bone

Default 2018 Survey Figure Lines Connectivity

Can anyone tell me why my figure lines are all over the place? I am using C3D 2018.

I have copied the previous figure prefix data to this version, confused why it worked in previous versions but not this one, any ideas would be appreciated.

See attachements.

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2018 Survey Figure Lines Connectivity

Did you copy and paste the data into a new drawing? I am just trying to understand the process you used when creating the drawing?

Do the survey crews shoot everything consecutively? Meaning they shoot the edge of pavement 1 -100, then sidewalk 100-200, etc. Or do you use descriptions like start and stop between point ranges?

I am thinking, if you did paste the data into a new drawing, the point numbers might have changed (if there were point numbers not used),thus causing the line work to connect differently in the new drawing.

Login to Give a bone

I created the drawing by importing points from a .txt file that was created from a .crd file. The surveyors use connectivity in no specific order they begin a line by adding a B to the beginning of the code and an E at the end when they are finished that specific line.

Its confusing why it worked fine in 2017 but not 2018?? we haven't changed they way we pickup the information in the field, there are over 3000 shots in this topo I really need the connectivity to work, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Its hard to tell from the image, but it looks like to me that some of the lines connected correctly and some did not.

If this is the case, look at the text file to see if there is anything weird about the coding that might have caused the lines not to connect properly.

I do not have 2018, but are you aware of any changes or improvements that might have been incorporated?

Your set up is similar to how my line coding is setup, I am just trying to break the process down and go through a process I would do when I run into issues.

Login to Give a bone

I actually imported a .fbk this morning the lines are still coming in messed up but at least I have more of the codes connecting then when I imported the .txt file, I can modify the figures.

I am not aware of the any changes to 2018 at this point just started using it.

Thanks for you help.