Thread: Non Printing Annotation Text

Wish List Administration

Default Non Printing Annotation Text

Summary: The ability to leave non-printing notes in the model like ACAD no plot layer(s)

Description: The ability to leave non-printing notes in the model like ACAD no plot layer(s). Sometimes you want to leave working notes in the model and can't without annoying work arounds so that they don't print.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Annotation Tools

Submitted By: kclark683369 on 11/01/2017

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post

Default Re: Non Printing Annotation Text

Looks like there's a couple ways to do this but I couldn't get any of them to work! (links might not show cause I'm new and they might think it's nsfw or something)

on boostyourbim- making lines not print with events:
    This is a macro you can make to make the text turn white to print, but it's in Revit 2012 and no longer works in 2019 because it wants the commands in a different way (I'm pretty sure)

on revitoped no print text:
    This method is creating a filter based on the type, this was in 2014. I tried this in 2019 but the options I need weren't there to choose or the option was grayed out.

I believe there's also a plugin floating around somewhere for no plot text, which I haven't tried yet. I also saw a couple older threads with dead links trying to find the answer
    Last edited by jcst263782496; 2019-05-22 at 01:39 PM.