Thread: Customize Titleblock

Login to Give a bone

Default Customize Titleblock

I am new to Revit (from ADT3.3) and I've searched the available threads on this issue but I am still unable to get a clear understanding of how to do what I would like to.

I have created a custom titleblock for our office but I need to add two labels/ parameters: one for our consultant's name and one for their address and I would like them to behave similar to the Project Name and Project address parameters already available.

I have tried many different ways to create the labels/ parameters and get them to perform the way I would like but to no avail. When I go into the label family for title blocks and try to add a parameter, the program won't allow me to. Perhaps I don't have a complete grasp on where/ how I need to create what I want but I don't think it should be this difficult.

Thanks for any help.

eric

PS- I can attach a copy of the TB at a later time if needed.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Customize Titleblock

Erich, did you create a shared parameter file? You can access it from the File drop down menu "Shared parameters" If you didn't create one you can "Create" it, it is a txt file which will collect all your shared parameters, you can then have many groups to facilitate what you are trying to create. For example, I have a Titleblock group parameter, and I have all my shared titleblock parameters there.
    Hope this will be a start.
    You should be able to add a shared parameter then, but remember when you are able to add one, make sure you select only "project information" as a category and nothing else. this will allow the item to be globally controlled and not per individual titleblock sheet.

Good luck

EDITED: oh, yes, very important. If you have this titleblock already loaded in a project (hopefully not, since you are new) then you need to recreate the shared parameters from the beginning. So I would make sure when this titleblock is loaded in your template that the project information show your newly added info, if not, you will have to go through the process in the template and any additional project that might already have the shared parameter in memory...
    Last edited by luigi; 2005-04-01 at 12:30 AM.

Login to Give a bone

OK, I got that far and your suggestion worked Luigi thanks. However, I have three separate consultant lines and all change universally when I change just one of them in the project file. What should I change, or how should I set it up, in order for each parameter to be changed individually. Thanks again for your help.

Eric

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Eric,

If you have multiple consultants then you will need to have multiple consultant shared parameters. For instance, if you typically use three consultants you may want to have shared parameters like the following:

Consultant 1
    Consultant 1 Add1
    Consultant 1 Add 2
    Consultant 1 Phone
    Consultant 1 Fax

Repeat as needed for each consultant replacing the "1" with a 2 or 3. This will allow you to edit each one individually. To have further control, you can give each grouping of consultants an instance Yes/no parameter that will allow you turn off the consultants name on sheets where they have no scope.

Welcome and Happy Reviting.

Edited: This thread may help with what you are trying to do.
    http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=13932
    Last edited by jcoe; 2005-04-01 at 08:01 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Jason,

Thanks for the thread. I just figured out (prior to your comments) the only way I could get it to do what I wanted was to create separate parameters for each line item. It will at least get us started.

Incidentally, I saw you had attached your firm's TB in the above mentioned thread, perhaps I can study it to see how you set things up if I have any further questions.

Eric