Thread: Get the default scale list out of the registry

Wish List Administration

Default Get the default scale list out of the registry

Summary: Save the default scale list somewhere other than the registry for easier access from all users within a group

Description: We have many users and every time we upgrade to a new version it becomes a major headache to share our default scale list with all of them. Why is this list stored in the registry? It makes it very difficult to even share between different profiles without entering the entire list again and again. We primarily use Civil 3D, but I believe this comes from the basic AutoCAD setup.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - Other

Submitted By: dpruessner on 02/22/2018

Certifiable AUGI Addict

Default Re: Get the default scale list out of the registry

Agreed, this is something that's driven me crazy for years.

One workaround is the old ScaleListDel.lsp by Steve Johnson
    http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...l=1#post749780

AUGI Addict

Export the key to a REG file, store it in a common read-only network location. Merge the REG file to the destination computer using admin rights. And yes - that process can be scripted.

But don't depend on having a specific default list. Use tools like the one mentioned to specifically control what scales you need.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post

Thank you for the tips and I realize there are workarounds, but why not store the default scale list some place where it can be customized and shared with everyone?

Certifiable AUGI Addict

Quote Originally Posted by dpruessner View Post
    Thank you for the tips and I realize there are workarounds, but why not store the default scale list some place where it can be customized and shared with everyone?
    That would be the best way, providing the ability to set the default scale list company wide as well. Nobody here is disagreeing with you. This has persisted for many versions of AutoCAD though so many of us have settled for workarounds.

Betting this suggestion would get high ranking in the Wish List whenever it's added. It will have my vote at least.

AUGI Addict

It *is* stored somewhere that can be accessed and customized by everyone (company wide or not). Just because it's in the registry instead of a file doesn't make it a work around.