Thread: Locking Point Groups

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Locking Point Groups

A long time ago (in a galaxy far far away) we used to use point groups to display or hide miscellaneous points (ground shots, curb, etc). These points are just on the default point/point label style so they show as open circles. Most people would set the _All Points group to the top, and have the point style/point label style set to one that would either show or hide them depending on what they wanted.. Some people haven't gotten the memo though and every now and then I get into a drawing that someone has gone old school on it. Yesterday I was looking over a drawing with someone who had done that and told him don't do that, and do it this way instead (being manage them with the layers). By the end of the day guess what he had done?

I'm looking for a way to lock point groups down so they can't change the point group settings. I tried right clicking on the point group and running the lock command, but that appears to lock the points down. They still get controlled by the point group and if it's brought to the top and changed the points will update with it. Google seems to imply this can be done, but I haven't gotten CAD to do it the way they describe.

Specifically

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...FDBC3-htm.html

Shows a lock symbol I can't seem to get to show and sounds like it's exactly what I want. When I lock point groups I get the pencil with a red sign symbol through it, not the lock they are showing. This doesn't do anything but seem to lock the points for being moved or having their properties edited when selecting them individually. The point group settings still overrides it. Specifically, if you look in the point group properties you can see the object locked feature has been turned on.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Locking Point Groups

The link you provided states it applies to 2018. Are you using 2018?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Locking Point Groups

Good catch Opie, I saw the part about it being updated in 2018, not about product information.

However, I tried this in 2018 and I see the same thing happening.

Attached image is from 2018
    Attached Images Attached Images