See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll for Hiring Mangers?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Poll for Hiring Mangers?

A while back during one of those 'certification days' events, I took a day off of work to take the AutoCAD & Civil 3D professional certification exams back to back.

I passed them both, which made me feel good for a hot minute, and I get to have those as bullet points on my resume now (yay?), but they're otherwise meaningless in the real world... It's not like many C-Suite execs know more about CAD than we do.

Half the **** in the exams doesn't even apply to what we do for a living, the other half was just basically basic, which is unfortunate... It was effectively a waste of an otherwise good vacation day... I got far more useful information from CompTIA A+, NET+ and MTA Server, frankly.

If you can take the exams at a steep discount or for free (like at AU) - go get that resume bullet.

Otherwise, invest your money on something that will actually help you make money, like an AUGI Professional Membership because it comes with a FREE Autodesk Developer Network (ADN) membership, and teach yourself how to code your own customization/automations, which translates into less stress at work if not also real-world money in your pocket and puts food on your family's table... That knowledge, that critical thinking and problem solving capability you can gain from ADN makes you far more valuable than any Autodesk certification ever will.

Cheers
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2019-01-07 at 06:20 PM.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12