See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Navisworks - search set not retaining values

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Navisworks - search set not retaining values

I am creating search sets to find walls with a top extension distance at a specified distance. I have created 2 different search sets. The figures for the top extension distance being for one of the search sets is -0.065 and the other search set being -0.251. Both of the numbers are selected from the drop down box as they exist for some of the walls in the Revit drawing.

This issue I have is the search set works perfect in the job I set the search set up in, but doesn’t work in any of the jobs I import the search set to. It doesn’t find the walls. To fix the problem in the job, the search set doesn’t work for, I need to go to the find formula and re-select the same value in the drop down box for the -0.061 or the -0.0251 and then it works. For some reason it is not retaining the functionality of the Top extension distance in the search set find formula. Is this a problem with Navisworks or is it coming through from Revit in a format Navisworks can’t read it. Can you please send through some suggestions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Navisworks - search set not retaining values

First order of business, please attach image files rather than Word files. The latter can contain malicious code so many will not open them as a security measure. Not to mention it's an unnecessary extra step on both our parts.
    If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
    Some say beauty is in the eye of the Beholder... perhaps so, but I've only seen the disintegration beam.
    Everyone else being wrong is not the same thing as being right.