Thread: Set assembly from elevation target and ignore vertical baseline

Login to Give a bone

Default Set assembly from elevation target and ignore vertical baseline

I've got a corridor where I want to have an assembly following a gutter line alignment but referencing the road centerline elevation as an offset and elevation target. The problem is, I don't want the gutter line at my centerline elevation, but rather I wish to target the road centerline profile, and let the subassembly definitions set the other elevations (i.e. lane slopes at 2% to gutter, gutter slopes to curb, etc.). I can set my lane offset and elevation targets to look at the centerline alignment and profile of the road, but then the vertical baseline at my gutter line (dummy profile to build a corridor) pulls my assembly at the gutterl ine. I'm just really unsure of how to do this and I'm hoping there's some trick with marked points or offset assemblies that would allow this. I tried shooting my assmebly from the road centerline to the gutter line, but my curb/gutter/sidewalk get funky as they're not perpendicular to my desired gutter line.

I've attached some photos to help visualize the problem.

- 'road plan.png' is a sketch of how my curb lines vary from the road centerline.
    - 'assembly.png' is what I'm using and shows the gutter line reference point.
    - 'example of bad x-sec.png' is what happens currently. My lane looks for the centerline elevation, but if I change the gutter line profile, it pulls the assmebly up to that point.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Set assembly from elevation target and ignore vertical baseline

Quote Originally Posted by uhkhu View Post
    My lane looks for the centerline elevation, but if I change the gutter line profile, it pulls the assmebly up to that point.
    Your actual problem is that you are use road design profile as target elevation, use only road alignment target. And then road align is going to calcule elevation on road align base on land slope.

Regards,