See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Title Block for Company with Different Office locations on the border

Login to Give a bone

Question Title Block for Company with Different Office locations on the border

I am looking for some feedback from the group and hope some of you can relate to this situation.

I am with a regional civil engineering firm with multiple office locations (11 as of now). We have previously been operating independently of each other since we did not have a company-wide server or cloud situation. That is being changed so now we are trying to consolidate our templates and standards so that every office is using exactly the same standard and templates. One of our first tasks is how to handle a single titleblock / border in the template that can be used by each office and have it set to display their office or the office where the project is located.

The one method proposed is to have a palette with blocks of each offices address. The block is then inserted into the title block in the first layout, then copied to each subsequent layout. I'm not a big fan of that much copying. My last project had 174 pages, in at least 50 different drawings. Another option is to have the addresses each have their own layer, then freeze the layers not needed. This would require copying the first layout to subequent sheets or doing it in every drawing file. Less clicks perhaps but still not very user friendly.

I am looking for another option that could use the Sheet Set Manager fields or perhaps a drop-down list within the SSM to choose the office location once for the project and have it displayed for all sheets. I would rather not have the user type in the address information manually since mistakes could happen and the format would not look correct.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation and how have you handled it with your company? I would appreciate any feedback you could offer.

Thanks,
    Bernie

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Title Block for Company with Different Office locations on the border

Hi
    Not sure if this will work for you I don't do plan sets as large as what you said. I have several blocks with company logo address etc, each one is a little different, one for each size sheet we use, one for different address etc. Each with its own name then I can use two different if needed. Rarely happens but on occasion. But then its just a matter of inserting the correct block

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Title Block for Company with Different Office locations on the border

I have 3 ideas on how to handle this, assuming you set projects up in directory with and xreffed Title Block with project info on it to be used for all sheets.

The title block to have dynamic visibility states where you select the proper logo and or address at the set up of the project.

The logo itself is an xref (you would have however many in a library) living in one place and it gets xreffed (attach not overlay) into the project title block at the project set up.

SSM option: simply have a user defined field for the "sheet set" where it gets filled out upon project set up.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    I have 3 ideas on how to handle this, assuming you set projects up in directory with and xreffed Title Block with project info on it to be used for all sheets.

The title block to have dynamic visibility states where you select the proper logo and or address at the set up of the project.

The logo itself is an xref (you would have however many in a library) living in one place and it gets xreffed (attach not overlay) into the project title block at the project set up.

SSM option: simply have a user defined field for the "sheet set" where it gets filled out upon project set up.
    The SSM option would restrict you to text only output.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

I just saw this thread but we have solved this issue at my company by adding "Block Properties Table" with all the office location address on the logo.