Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attribute to Text

Wish List Administration

Default Attribute to Text

Summary: Block Attribute Can Convert to Text

Description: Block Attribute Can Convert to Text using command "BURST". But Attribute cannot explode or cannot use burst. so my suggestions in AutoCAD need new command for Attribute text convert to pure text.

Thanks
    Jayhar.M.J

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - Blocks

Submitted By: Jayhar on 07/31/2018

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Attribute to Text

Attribute to Text

Description: Block Attribute Can Convert to Text using command "BURST". But Attribute cannot explode or cannot use burst. so my suggestions in AutoCAD need new command for Attribute text convert to pure text.

Thanks
    Jayhar.M.J

Default Re: Attribute to Text

Quote Originally Posted by Wish List System View Post
    Attribute to Text

Thanks
    Jayhar.M.J

Not sure I understand your wish here, you already state that you can use "burst" to convert attribute info to text.
    If you're saying a block won't allow you to explode it or use burst, simply redefine the block to "allow exploding", that will allow you to use burst.

unless I still don't understand.. which is possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    Not sure I understand your wish here, you already state that you can use "burst" to convert attribute info to text.
    If you're saying a block won't allow you to explode it or use burst, simply redefine the block to "allow exploding", that will allow you to use burst.

unless I still don't understand.. which is possible.

Burst command doesn't work for attributes. Not for attributes (attribute-defintions) in modelspace, but for attributes within block-insertions it does it's job (converting the attribute-value to a text object with the same string).

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhar View Post
    Burst command doesn't work for attributes. Not for attributes (attribute-defintions) in modelspace, but for attributes within block-insertions it does it's job (converting the attribute-value to a text object with the same string).
    I guess I still don't understand then, because burst will give you the block insertion attribute value in text form, explode will give you the attribute definition.
    If you're saying you want the block attribute definition as text, then I guess you're right, but I don't know why you would need that as text?

I bet there's a lisp out there that could achieve this, not sure if A'desk will add that to the program.

Certifiable AUGI Addict

Lee Mac has a lisp for almost everything: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showth...l=1#post330955
    Not something many would ever had a use for, but I knew I'd seen it before.

I guess I still don't understand then, because burst will give you the block insertion attribute value in text form, explode will give you the attribute definition.
    If you're saying you want the block attribute definition as text, then I guess you're right, but I don't know why you would need that as text?

I bet there's a lisp out there that could achieve this, not sure if A'desk will add that to the program.

Try this in AutoCAD.......

First you create Attributes, enter tag ABCD & Default 1234> ok. Attributes definition created.

Second try to explode & make to text.....Can you please convert this Attributes definition to text.

Third BURST only works for attribute-values within block-insertions! i repeat WITH IN BLOCK-INSERTION! for example

You already created Attributes at first, make it block & explode it, you did not get text its Attributes definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post
    Lee Mac has a lisp for almost everything: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showth...l=1#post330955
    Not something many would ever had a use for, but I knew I'd seen it before.
    This lips is working in attribute definition, but value is changing. for example my title block drawing is ZCC-CCIC-STR-COL-01-CP1-SDR-04010906, its change to NUMBER
    other wise i thanking you for this information .

Certifiable AUGI Addict

This lips is working in attribute definition, but value is changing. for example my title block drawing is ZCC-CCIC-STR-COL-01-CP1-SDR-04010906, its change to NUMBER
    other wise i thanking you for this information .
    Did you try David Bethel's lisp at the same link? Haven't tested either myself.

Curious why anyone would want to change an attribute definition inside a block definition to text.

Try this in AutoCAD.......

First you create Attributes, enter tag ABCD & Default 1234> ok. Attributes definition created.

Second try to explode & make to text.....Can you please convert this Attributes definition to text.

Third BURST only works for attribute-values within block-insertions! i repeat WITH IN BLOCK-INSERTION! for example

You already created Attributes at first, make it block & explode it, you did not get text its Attributes definition.
    I agreed, you can't do what you describe within AutoCAD at this point.

Hope you find a solution with the suggested lisp routines posted here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast