Thread: AutoCAD LT 2017 "the specified page or area of the pdf file contains no objects

Login to Give a bone

Post AutoCAD LT 2017 "the specified page or area of the pdf file contains no objects

Hi!

I´ve just started working with permit requests and we use AutoCAD 2017. My coworker has showned me how to import a pdf file and so on and it has worked great until recently when no pdf file no longer has any object too imprt after i´ve attached it and wants to unload it. I do the same procedure as my coworker has shown me but unfortunately he´s away on vacation for 2 weeks.

Can´t find any posts about this matter because i know for a fact that the pdf is not a scanned image but an already alterted pdf -> Dwg-> current pdf file.

How i do is, open a new Dwg, attach pdf, input scale and insertion point, select the square, import pdf, selects the window and press unload. Then i get an errors message saying "the specified page or area of the pdf file contains no objects"

Please help, i don´t know what´s wrong. I have tried with numerous pdfs and they´re all the same

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD LT 2017 "the specified page or area of the pdf file contains no objects

I see that you say this is not a scanned PDF.
    Can you please attach one of these PDF files here so we can test it?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD LT 2017 "the specified page or area of the pdf file contains no objects

if the dwg file that was used to create the pdf _contained_ a PDF, that nested PDF is being treated as an image when the new PDF is created from a drawing. So only vector objects _created_ in Acad will be importable. If you need stuff from the original PDF, you have to get that PDF and try importing it.

Login to Give a bone

Duplicate thread over here.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |