See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPSX import?

Login to Give a bone

Default GPSX import?

Any useful utilities for importing gps tracks and waypoints? Ideally reading the gpsx file and generating plines / points?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: GPSX import?

Looks like QGIS has a few to choose from:

2018-10-08_10-23-04.png

[Edit] - This might also help: https://docs.qgis.org/2.8/en/docs/us...ugins_gps.html

FWIW, I had more luck with the 32-bit installer, but working a treat since installing it... Now handles GDB/MDB natively (no supplementary configuration needed anymore).

Cheers
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2018-10-08 at 02:35 PM.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

I can work with that -- of course if you're interested in writing native import routine in Acad, I'll be happy to test it out for you, Mapping some hiking trails in a state park, and am running a handheld Garmin device to do it.

Pity autodesk has so little interest in interoperability, but that seems to have been the case for decades now.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    I can work with that -- of course if you're interested in writing native import routine in Acad, I'll be happy to test it out for you, Mapping some hiking trails in a state park, and am running a handheld Garmin device to do it.

Pity autodesk has so little interest in interoperability, but that seems to have been the case for decades now.
    Can you post a sample data file so I can take a look?

Maybe it's easier than we think... Fixing Viewport Grip to _not_ re-size on Scale certainly was... Took me 2+ years to get p!ssed, but only +20 mins to fix. Grrr

Separately, one of these days I should start a GoFundMe page, so I could substitute some of the OT hours I currently work, to help fill in the plethora of gaps in AutoCAD products... So many creative ideas, so little free time these days. Haha

Cheers
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2018-10-09 at 04:14 PM.

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

sure, I'll post a hiking trail gpx today. need to do it before Michael kills the power and telecomm in the Panhandle. By morning i'll probably be sitting in the dark with no ac, phone, or internet. Good thing i've got a stack of books to read by candle light.

Login to Give a bone

I was just coming back to say no worries, take all the time you need and to just stay safe; my thoughts are with you & wifey.

I love reading books; I've got stacks, as I prefer hardcover when available.

Computer Specs:

Login to Give a bone

Well as long can still connect, i'll keep on keeping on. Hunkering down time is coming RSN

I attached a gpx from a short trail, rename the extension back to gpx from txt

I _think_ that the output should be 3dPolys, as there should be elevation information with the track. The other element(s) if any would be waypoints, and ideally they ought to become a block in the DWG,

cheers!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Good news, this is just XML data.

Do you prefer to import .GPX data into C3D directly as COGO Points/*Polylines, or just right click .GPX in File Explorer and convert point file for import using 'Lat-Long' Point File Format, Survey DB, etc?

More information is needed.

Computer Specs:

Login to Give a bone

This also seems to work and supports multiple output file types (DXF, SHP, etc), so long as you don't mind a multi-step workflow (upload, convert, download, unblock, extract, import/open in CAD):

https://mygeodata.cloud/converter/gpx-to-dxf

Also has a neat map view that shows the data IRL.

Computer Specs:

Login to Give a bone

Direct import as 3dpoly's, letting me pick/create layer for the linestrings, and points/block for the vertices or any waypoints in the gpx/ ( I don't think I had any set in that track on the Garmin)

format spec doc is at https://www.topografix.com/gpx/1/1/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast