Thread: Interior Lighting Photometric Calculations

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Default Interior Lighting Photometric Calculations

Summary: Create the ability to calculate interior lighting photometrics (footcandles) within Revit MEP

Description: Me thinks it would really increase efficiency and productivity if a user were able to use Revit MEP to calculate interior photometrics and create performance reports from within Revit MEP instead of exporting 2D floor/rcps or a 3D dwg files and then importing the dwg(s) into a 3rd party lighting calc software such as AGI32 or Acuity Brands Visual 2017 (my company uses Visual in lieu of AGI32).
    Being able to use a room/space that's already defined in Revit would be SOOooooo much easier then recreating it Visual. Visual 2017 even makes teaser references to revit compatibility but we haven't seen it yet. While its an easy to use piece of software, its also very tempermental.

From Visual's News page there is a "call for Revit files" for their testing (you might already be aware of this)
    http://visual-3d.com/software/revitupload.aspx

Thanks,
    Arlen

Product and Feature: Revit MEP - MEP Electrical Lighting Calculations - (Electrical)

Submitted By: arlen on 11/07/2018

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Interior Lighting Photometric Calculations

In the meantime, ElumTools is an excellent option in that it seamlessly integrates with the Revit UI and database. You can find it on the Autodesk App Store.
    Last edited by kmajor781171; 2019-04-16 at 11:08 AM. Reason: removing url