I'm a pipeline guy, my projects are miles long and run in every direction. All my projects have many viewports, sometimes hundreds, I understand and use UCS's and views to navigate and work in model space. I understand why people chose to put all labeling in paperspace; time and place people, time and place, and it doesn't work that way in my world. I do all my work in one place, not in hundreds of tabs. Anyway, new company, new CAD setup and I'm seeing something I've never seen before. I have multileader text with background masking in modelspace and I cannot keep the text visible in paperspace on random drawing tabs. They become visible sometimes when...... regen, switching to and from MS & PS, resetting the scale. I have multiple vports per tab and the vports will alternate visibility and it's only the text that goes invisible, the leaders and background masks stay visible and plot. I've checked MS vs PS layer states and that is not the issue, it's just the strangest thing. I can activate one vport and regen and the text will appear and plot, but if I activate the other vport the text in the original vport goes away.

I am running 2018 Civil 3D. Any ideas?