Thread: Revit freezes when exporting to IFC

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit freezes when exporting to IFC

Hello,

I'm having problem with Revit freezes when exporting to IFC and have to force to shut down the program.
    The big problem is that it's just one file that I can't export, I have other files wich has a bigger size then this file, contains nearly the same family elements and has no problem.
    This is the first time trying to make an IFC-export from this file.
    I have tried different kind of settings for the export, I have tried 5 different computers, I have audit the file and tried making a new central model but they all have the same problem. I also have tried upgrade the model to Revit Architecture 2019, it dosen't freeze but I get an error message after a while and it shuts down the program.

Can a file work like charm in Revit but be corrupt for an IFC-export? Or what can be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Re: Revit freezes when exporting to IFC

Quote Originally Posted by MrBirch View Post
    Hello,

I'm having problem with Revit freezes when exporting to IFC and have to force to shut down the program.
    The big problem is that it's just one file that I can't export, I have other files wich has a bigger size then this file, contains nearly the same family elements and has no problem.
    This is the first time trying to make an IFC-export from this file.
    I have tried different kind of settings for the export, I have tried 5 different computers, I have audit the file and tried making a new central model but they all have the same problem. I also have tried upgrade the model to Revit Architecture 2019, it dosen't freeze but I get an error message after a while and it shuts down the program.

Can a file work like charm in Revit but be corrupt for an IFC-export? Or what can be the problem?

Thanks in advance!
    I've been having a similar issue on larger models. The problem seems to go away if the model is opened detached from central and saved with a difference filename first. I'm also using the improved IFC export add-in that replaces the built in exported on the export menu.