Thread: Ribbon Appearance Change

Login to Give a bone

Default Ribbon Appearance Change

Was there a forced update in Autodesk Inventor 2018 to change the behavior of the ribbon. I can no longer change the ribbon appearance when it is docked at the top.
    I have tried to reset it (made sure to save my modifications). No change in the behavior.
    If the ribbon is not docked, then the behavior is correct. But it reverts back when it is docked to the top.
    This change was noticed after 12/13/2018. I did not notice any update, and my build is 227, Release: 2018.2.3 - Date: Tue 01/16/2018. Before you say UPDATE, why the change from Thursday to today. I did not even load Inventor, nor install any new software. In fact, did not even turn on the computer Saturday.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Ribbon Appearance Change

Quote Originally Posted by rmckenna683395 View Post
    Was there a forced update in Autodesk Inventor 2018 to change the behavior of the ribbon. I can no longer change the ribbon appearance when it is docked at the top.
    I have tried to reset it (made sure to save my modifications). No change in the behavior.
    If the ribbon is not docked, then the behavior is correct. But it reverts back when it is docked to the top.
    This change was noticed after 12/13/2018. I did not notice any update, and my build is 227, Release: 2018.2.3 - Date: Tue 01/16/2018. Before you say UPDATE, why the change from Thursday to today. I did not even load Inventor, nor install any new software. In fact, did not even turn on the computer Saturday.
    I found an earlier post. I had to double click on one of the tabs (Assemble, Design, 3D Model, etc.). By double clicking on it, it would cycle through the choices. There seems to be a disconnect between right clicking on the ribbon and using only those options. There is no way to correct the action when using only the right click options.