Thread: Issues with LispFunction ACAD2019 vb.net

Login to Give a bone

Default Issues with LispFunction ACAD2019 vb.net

I'm not sure what is going on, we have a few LispFunctions that are not working in new documents. This started sometime after I updated my code to .Net 4.7 for acad2019. I went back to the most basic steps and used the code from Autodesk's site about AutoLisp

The issue is that it will work in the drawing session that opens when I launch AutoCAD, but any other document (dwg) that I open it doesn't recognize the code. All I get is "; error: no function definition: " It's like it isn't looking at the active document or something...?

All I want to do is get my button commands working again. This was a simple ^C^C(command "arg") setup. I'm trying to cleanup most of our lisps to work in Vb.net so I need to be able to pass arguments in with the lisp call. I'd prefer not to rewrite the code to a bunch of individual commandmethods if possible. If LispFunction is not functioning correctly, is there something else that works to pass arguments into a command?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Issues with LispFunction ACAD2019 vb.net

Hard to help without seeing the code.

How are you loading the .NET assembly & how are your LispFunction methods instantiated?

The fact that it works in the first document following Initialize() might suggest that you're missing subsequent calls to load same on DocumentCreated event.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

I have this all in a custom company plugin, but that is removed and I'm just doing a netload to load the dll.
    As far as instantiating the lispfunction, I'm just doing command line entry to eliminate anything else (lisptest "2")

Code:
            <LispFunction("LispTest")>
            Public Function LispTest(ByVal args As ResultBuffer) As Double

If Not args = Nothing Then
                        Dim value As Double
                        If Double.TryParse(args.AsArray()(0).Value.ToString(), value) Then
                        MsgBox("Arg Value = " & value)
                        Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor.WriteMessage(vbLf & value & vbLf)
                        End If
                        Return value
                    End If

End Function
    All other commandmethods are working fine in all documents, it's just this pesky lispfunction not working in all active drawings. I use it for a few buttons in the ribbon to carry argument.
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2019-02-19 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Please use [CODE] Tags

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    I have this all in a custom company plugin, but that is removed and I'm just doing a netload to load the dll.
    As far as instantiating the lispfunction, I'm just doing command line entry to eliminate anything else (lisptest "2")

Code:
            <LispFunction("LispTest")>
            Public Function LispTest(ByVal args As ResultBuffer) As Double

If Not args = Nothing Then
                        Dim value As Double
                        If Double.TryParse(args.AsArray()(0).Value.ToString(), value) Then
                        MsgBox("Arg Value = " & value)
                        Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor.WriteMessage(vbLf & value & vbLf)
                        End If
                        Return value
                    End If

End Function
    All other commandmethods are working fine in all documents, it's just this pesky lispfunction not working in all active drawings. I use it for a few buttons in the ribbon to carry argument.
    Again, given that the issue is with the implementation, pseudo-code isn't very helpful.

What's in your Initialize() method?
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2019-02-19 at 09:51 PM.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000