Thread: It's time for Civil3D to recognize/use alphanumeric point numbers

Wish List Administration

Default It's time for Civil3D to recognize/use alphanumeric point numbers

Summary: It's time for Civil3D to recognize/use alphanumeric point numbers, many other programs use this and many surveyors use alphanumeric point numbers.

Description: It's time for Civil3D to recognize/use alphanumeric point numbers, many other programs use this and many surveyors use alphanumeric point numbers. So import points that may have come in alphanumeric format now they have to be renumbered before they can be imported then you have to keep track of changes so they match the field notes. Just another opportunity for a mistake to happen

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - COGO

Submitted By: remi678731 on 05/13/2019

Default Re: It's time for Civil3D to recognize/use alphanumeric point numbers

R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

I could stop if I wanted to

Hi
    I understand there is a work around. But isn't it time for Civil3D to catch up with the rest of the world and use the COGO as its done. Things are usually done for a reason.

You stand a much better chance of adapting to the current situation, than waiting on Autodesk to change their data structure.
    Slim to no chance this will ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    You stand a much better chance of adapting to the current situation, than waiting on Autodesk to change their data structure.
    Slim to no chance this will ever happen.
    Now is that what this forum is all about making a better, USE FRIENDLY product instead of endless work arounds, if Civil3D can't grow up and be made better lets just go back to LDD

That's your best option, or perhaps Carlson.

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    That's your best option, or perhaps Carlson.
    Well maybe that is the only option I'm just saying that's pretty pathetic considering the amount we pay to AUTOdesk every year and the best improvement we get with the new version is they changed the color scheme so the buttons are easier to see. And I'm just saying about changing the colors because that's what I heard we get this year I haven't loaded 2020 yet. But it's time to make some real functional improvements, that helps production, not wasting time on work arounds and extra chance for an error.

Definitely needed. 100%

AGREED HOPEFULLY THEY HEAR THIS