See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Adding Functions to Right-Click Menus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Adding Functions to Right-Click Menus

Hey all -
    Is there a way to add functions to the Right-Click menu? I'm working on several projects, and bouncing between 2016 and 2018 software versions, and I'm noticing that in 2018 there are RC functions that are not there in 2016. The command that I want exists and works in 2016 - specifically the "Reset Block" command while a dynamic block is selected - but I miss it on the RC menu.

Is there a way to add this, or any other command that I may frequently use to the RC menu?

Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Adding Functions to Right-Click Menus

I should clarify and follow-up. After some experimentation, I realized that I was working in Civil 3D 2016, which, like other C3d versions do not have the 'reset block' command in the RC menu. I found the location in the CUI where such menu's reside, but was unable to duplicate it from vanilla Acad into C3d.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Use the Transfer tab and open acad.cuix on the right. Drag Reset Block from the Block Reference Object Menu on the right to the one on the left. To be honest I've added extensive Shortcut Menus so you may have to add the Block Reference Object Menu to c3d.cuix. If you add it you must set the Aliases to OBJECT_BLOCKREF.

Login to Give a bone

I was able to bring in the Menu object, but when I applied and OK'd it, it was not showing up when I selected a block. After a restart - it was gone from my CUI entirely. When I get more time, I'm going to look into this further. Thanks at least for the procedure on how to steal from other CUIX files. That whole "TRANSFER" tab scares me, so I rarely go into it.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

In my previous post I said "may have to add the Block Reference Object Menu to c3d.cuix." c3d.cuix is my main cuix file your's is probably different.

From AutoCAD 2020 help:
    About Shortcut Menus: http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/20...2-4134C7031B2F
    About Creating Shortcut Menus: http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/20...1-EB49923E317D
    Note the different Aliases requirements for Object Specific Shortcut Menus. The object name is used as part of the alias name of most object shortcut menus cases except for blocks and external references (xrefs). The following object names are used specifically for blocks and xrefs:

ATTBLOCKREF - Block reference with attributes
    ATTDYNBLOCKREF - Dynamic block reference with attributes
    BLOCKREF - Block reference without attributes
    DYNBLOCKREF - Dynamic block reference without attributes
    XREF - External reference (xref)

While there are no default ones installed you can also add "Command Specific Shortcut Menus" which would be available while a command is active.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks! I got it working now. My Ah-ha! moment was from those help files when I discovered that I could add more than one alias to a menu. This allowed me to drop all the various block functions under one new menu. Boy, they sure don't make this easy, do they?

Thanks again!

side note - any idea why those block editor commands were left off of the default C3d profile? Blocks are such a huge part of Acad workflow, it doesn't make sense to not have the tools to use them at the ready.