Thread: Panoramas ready for posting to Facebook

Wish List Administration

Default Panoramas ready for posting to Facebook

Summary: I wish that the panoramic images available through cloud rendering would already contain the EXIF data needed to be recognized automatically as panoramas by Facebook and other social media platforms.

Description: It is easy to post a 360-degree photograph to social media and have it immediately available for interactive viewing. Not so with the panoramic images produced by Autodesk's cloud-rendering service, which need to be modified with an EXIF editor to provide the metadata required by Facebook, for example, to interpret the images as interactive panoramas. My wish, therefore, is that the panoramic images available through cloud rendering would already contain the EXIF data needed to be recognized automatically as panoramas by Facebook and other social media platforms.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Other

Submitted By: Bill Gilliss on 05/09/2019

100 Club

Default Re: Panoramas ready for posting to Facebook

I have since discovered that adding the EXIF information is very easy to do:
    In File Explorer, right click on the equilateral JPG downloaded from the Autodesk rendering service, select Properties > Details, and set Camera Maker to "Ricoh" and Camera Model to "Theta S". That's it. Post to Facebook.