See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: All of the different ways to load AutoLisp routines automatically

Login to Give a bone

Default All of the different ways to load AutoLisp routines automatically

Hello. So I trying to figure out how a fired employee went about his way skinning the cat. I need to know different ways to load Lisp routines automatically. I know you can modify ACAD.lsp and ACADDOC.lsp, use the APPLOAD command, or add it to CUI. Are there any other ways? I feel like this guy dropped a decoy Lisp routine because the routine that shows in APPLOAD aborts if the current date is after the year 2015... The command from the lisp routine still works though, so I am reaaaaally confused how it runs. To run it on my computer I obviously just took that line out. My guess is that it is a decoy (old version of the app), LOL, and the real routine is elsewhere. I have many versions of the routine, as it has been developed over the years, but they have the good version running only on the machines that the x-employee has installed them on.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: All of the different ways to load AutoLisp routines automatically

Quote Originally Posted by waynebrady View Post
    Hello. So I trying to figure out how a fired employee went about his way skinning the cat. I need to know different ways to load Lisp routines automatically. I know you can modify ACAD.lsp and ACADDOC.lsp, use the APPLOAD command, or add it to CUI. Are there any other ways?
    To clarify, "acad.lsp" and "acaddoc.lsp" are user controlled files. They do not exist in a default install of AutoCAD.
    Here is a list of files that are loaded automatically, and in this order: http://cadpanacea.com/wp/?p=671

Note that the .mnl files listed are just examples. Anytime a cui file is loaded, AutoCAD looks for and loads (if found) the .mnl file with the same name.
    So if your menu name is "dirtyharry.cui", then AutoCAD will search for and load (if found) - "dirtyharry.mnl"
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |