Thread: Grips stop responding

Wish List Administration

Default Grips stop responding

Summary: Make grip code work with no lag

Description: When selecting Civil 3D items, whether structures or structure labels, most of the time my drawing stops responding until I pick outside of the drawing, like my PC Taskbar. Then they act as they should but sometimes a user might think the drawing session has locked up. Also most of the time when you select the items without a command there is a lag. The lag is worse with the Properties Palette open but even when closed there is still a lag. I would like to see Autodesk work on this code so there is no lag or non response because it happens a lot and makes using the Properties dialog box useless when you need to use it.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Annotate (Civil 3D Labels)

Submitted By: t4duzan on 06/05/2019

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post

Default Re: Grips stop responding

I have a similar issue every time I activate or deactivate the ortho. It just seems to freeze until i click outside of autocad and then back! Extremely Frustrating!

You can also just use middle mouse button to pan (within the Editor window) to regain focus.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Quote Originally Posted by pool362409 View Post
    I have a similar issue every time I activate or deactivate the ortho. It just seems to freeze until i click outside of autocad and then back! Extremely Frustrating!
    You can type in TEMPOVERRIDES and set it to 0 and this should fix your issue. The only drawback is this will disable the ability to use Shift as a temporary ortho. I don't notice the drawback so this works for me.

Certifiable AUGI Addict

Quote Originally Posted by t4duzan View Post
    You can type in TEMPOVERRIDES and set it to 0 and this should fix your issue. The only drawback is this will disable the ability to use Shift as a temporary ortho. I don't notice the drawback so this works for me.
    You may be able to fix that with an update as well: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...y-command.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post
    You may be able to fix that with an update as well: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...y-command.html
    Thanks for the link. The TEMPOVERRIDES fix was a temporary fix before they had addressed it. I see that my IT department has in fact applied this on our machines. Kind of a behind the scenes install because I didn't realize there was an update for it.