See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Entering alt-codes within a command no longer working in C3D 2018

Login to Give a bone

Question Entering alt-codes within a command no longer working in C3D 2018

Hello,

I routinely draw lines by bearing and distance (e.g., @100.01<S64D39'34"E) and I used to be able to use alt codes for the single and double apostrophe (i.e., alt+39 for ' and alt+34 for "). This was using 2018 Civil 3D.

But I recently got a new computer, and though I tried to either back my settings up or recreate them, this functionality no longer works, at least not within the line command. Editing mtext and certainly in other programs, it works fine. When I press the alt key within the line command, it highlights the first letters of my tabs in the ribbon.

Is there a setting I can change to restore this functionality? Though seemingly minor, it does allow me to speed through multiple courses rather quickly.

Thanks!

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Entering alt-codes within a command no longer working in C3D 2018

Toggle Dynamic Mode on (Highlighted) the Status Bar and try it again.

With Civil 3D aren't you entering bearing and distance the hard way? With my setting I'd pick a quadrant and enter 64.3934 for the bearing.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Entering alt-codes within a command no longer working in C3D 2018

Well, don't I feel goofy...that is a much easier way of going about things, thanks! Years wasted...smh.

Toggling the Dynamic Mode didn't seem to affect things insofar as the alt-codes were concerned. I did notice that I could simply tap the alt key twice and on the second tap/hold, the alt code functioned fine. However, now a moot point as I'm now on to the easier method you suggested (even added it to my shortcuts menu).

Thanks!