See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Title Block -- different size for the sheet number

Login to Give a bone

Question Title Block -- different size for the sheet number

My firm is trying to be creative with the title block and want a different size for the sheet number. is there a way to connect this to work with the hard code revit sheet number system.

Thank you in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Title Block -- different size for the sheet number

Hi Jarod

Does the D1 refer to a Sheet series or package? i.e. D1 is Demo D2 is GA Plans etc.?

I don't see a way of having a single parameter display fonts at 2 different sizes I'm sorry. As you have worked out, the Sheet Number needs to be unique which I presume is why you have had to create 2 new parameters... Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Login to Give a bone

It is just the complete name broken into 2 parts (AIA formatSheet Number3.JPG similar) A1.01, A1.02 A1.03 etc. The way we have it works just not together. so of course people miss the manual change when the sheet number changes (have to change it in 2 places)

- - - Updated - - -

here is the example of it brokenSheet Number3.JPG

Login to Give a bone

Nope. Sheet number is going to use the hard coded sheet number and it must be continuous. That doesn't mean that you can't get creative about it. You might be able to use the sheet number, then create 2 new parameters say one for Sheet Sequence and one for number and generate a dynamo script that reads the sheet number and picks the first 2 digits to list the individual Sequence and the last 2 digits for the Number. I have a hard time understanding the need for it. Based on the images, I'd say the one number is big enough, and you'd still have to fold the corner over far enough to see it.
    Another thought might be to add a "Volume Designation" parameter to display the D1 and then list the sheet number separately under it. I've seen things like that when it comes to projects for the Department of Redundancy Department. I'm assuming you have something set up in your project browser that sorts in somewhat the same manor.
    Just some thoughts.

Login to Give a bone

OK you have some good ideas but still not an answer. Can it be done or not. you said Nope but then you contradicted yourself by giving options to try. Curious on the Volume Designation. I have been trying to use the formulas too but that was a dead end. Thanks again for the help but just need a little more direction. Thanks in advance

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

As already written in other replies, NO it is not possible, not in a single parameter value.

As David wrote, IF you are willing to consider using more than one parameter to break up the information (two parameters so the size can vary) then something is possible but it will very likely create new headaches for you, like the display of sheet numbering in the project browser.

Login to Give a bone

It might not be doing it right but you should be able to get the same look from 2 Lables next to each other.

the first one must have Alignment to the Right and the second with Alignment to the Left.

This way they should stay central and not over lap.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by LindonP
    ...It might not be doing it right but you should be able to get the same look from 2 Lables next to each other...
    I don't find the last couple versions of Revit supporting that trick anymore. The labels don't appear to crop out the extra info in the label like years past. At least not in my recent testing.