Calling all BIM manager and Experienced Revit users, I have a big question to ask. But first a little back ground.

I am the BIM manager (20 years experience with AutoCAD and Revit) of a mid-sized (27 employees) structural consulting firm in Manitoba, Canada. Our drafting/modeling platform is Revit and AutoCAD, but we are moving towards 100% Revit. Coordination on jobs is dictated primary by the architect/client, and can be BIM360, the Friday model exchange etc etc. as we are usually follow the clients BXP.

Over the last 8 months complete 2 development projects for an architect. Which consisted of 5 multi story wood frame condo buildings for each development all done as individual projects. So 2 developments, 5 buildings each total 10 Revit models.

We will be completely 3 more of these developments in the next 6 to 12 months, so 10 to 12 buildings/projects all separate revit models. Can any one suggest a way for us to organize this so we are not starting from scratch for each model. I have a few ideas, but if I can some more input that would be great.

I am thinking of trying one of the following or a combination of the following:
1. Creating a project specific revit template file, with all the families schedules etc in them. As well as typical framing details and general notes. Starting each project from scratch
2. Taking the most current project we finish just this week and using it as a template. Coping it to the next project and just modifying the model and deleting and adding elements as required. Basically modifying an existing job like we used to do back in the AutoCAD days.
3. See number 1, but all so creating smaller models or groups for items that are used a lot and may be similar but not exactly the same. Such as balcony framing and elevator/stair shaft framing.
4. Completing all the buildings for the development in one model and then linking it to separate models for detailing and annotation for each separate building.

If any one has any idea or suggestions I would greatly appreciate any help.

Cheers
JP