Thread: How to create multiple phases within phases in revit?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default How to create multiple phases within phases in revit?

Hello,

In the past I have create multiple phases for a project (existing, demo, proposed). On a recent project we have multiple phases in the project and I am struggling to create them. I need Phase 1, 2 3, 4, etc with new showing existing, demo and proposed . Also the proposed work in Phase1 will be existing in Phase 2. How do I set that up? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to create multiple phases within phases in revit?

Same as before...

Existing, Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3 and Phase 4

Model existing elements in Existing phase (view assigned to Existing). Model Phase 1 elements (new) in view assigned to Phase 1. Demolish existing elements (demolished during Phase 1) in Phase 1 view. Repeat for Phase 2 elements, demolish phase 1 or existing elements in Phase 2 if necessary.

Use Phase Filters to control what is visible. In Phase 1 - Show Previous and Demo is a demolition presentation. Likewise in Phase 1 - Show Previous and Existing is a new construction presentation.

Keep in mind that any element created in a past/previous phase is now existing when viewed in a later phase. That means an existing element (phase existing) that is never demolished is shown in Phase 4 the same as a Phase 2 or 3 element that has not been demolished.

Login to Give a bone

Revit Phases are used for creating temporary elements. You have to determine the phases of work that you need to track for projects and then create a phase for each. You can create as many phases as you like for a big project with multiple construction phases and can then name the phases as Phase1, Phase2, or can use more descriptive terms.
    Steps included:
    1. Click on Manage tab Phasing panel
    2. Click number box next to a phase
    3. Insert a phase
    4. Click on the name text box of a phase for renaming it
    5. Next, click OK

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Hi.... not actually sure how you have your phasing set up so...this may help or not. I did a venture some time back that had 5 stages. Each stage had destruction and new development related with it. So... 5 stages, not 10. Destruction doesn't have it's own stage. Every one of the 5 phases had a destruction plan and another development plan and each arrangement is controlled with Phase Filter. I had no issues, for example, you are portraying. In the event that you have a different stage for destruction and a different stage for new development you will run into the issues you are portraying.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Welcome to the forum. You've replied to a very stale thread. When you see a topic that is interesting it is worth checking the last post date to see if anyone is actively involved. Welcome to contribute but it may not generate much response at this point. The original post was more than a year ago so that person has probably moved on.