Thread: Keypad typing letter distance

Wish List Administration

Default Keypad typing letter distance

Summary: polyline drawing made smoother if instead of 'L' (for line) was replaced with 'S' (for straight).

Description: When drawing a polyline - every time I wish to add an arc, I need to go to the 'A' key then back to the 'L' key to continue drawing a straight line. The distance between the two keys couldn't be further.
    If the 'Line key' 'L' was replaced with an 'S' - How smooth would that be? as the 'A' & 'S' next to one another.
    I know the 'line' and 'arc' command can be picked from the command line, but with the 'A','S' in place, one doesn't need to take the eye off the ball.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - Drawing Tools 2D

Submitted By: fineline784212 on 08/05/2019

Certifiable AUGI Addict

Default Re: Keypad typing letter distance

As Line is replaced by Length as soon as it's clicked that would be rather confusing for most. To warrant rebuilding a new version of the PLINE requiring modification of help files along with everyone's macros and lisp functions in addition to the learning curve there would have to be a critical need as it would create difficulties for everyone but you.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post

Default Re: Keypad typing letter distance

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post
    As Line is replaced by Length as soon as it's clicked that would be rather confusing for most. To warrant rebuilding a new version of the PLINE requiring modification of help files along with everyone's macros and lisp functions in addition to the learning curve there would have to be a critical need as it would create difficulties for everyone but you.
    Good Point Tom, Maybe I should have submitted this suggestion 25 years ago.