Thread: AEC Layers Lisp Or Template

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default AEC Layers Lisp Or Template

Maybe it's just wishful thinking. Thought I would easily Google-find a LISP that would create all current AEC layers into a drawing or a template that would have all the layers. Any ideas where I can find such if it exists?

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AEC Layers Lisp Or Template

If by AEC you mean the National Cad Standards, then almost certainly not. since they are based on a Discipline-System concept, and have an unlimited upper boundary of legal layer names, it makes zero sense. If by AEC you mean something else, please clarify.

Login to Give a bone

This old LISP routine from 2011 should help; it lets you quickly import any custom layer set from CSV:

https://forums.augi.com/showthread.p...=1#post1273733
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I'm not sure where I got this file. I've been using it and keeping it clean and updated for years.
    2006 National CAD Standards.dwg

The file is purged of everything but layers (so don't purge-all or you'll lose it!). This procedure uses the built-in layer manager and I think it works in LT as well.
    1. You don't need to open the file - just plop it somewhere handy.
    2. With your target file open and active type LAYERSTATE to open the Layer States Manager. (or click Home tab->Layer Ribbon->Layer Flyout->Layer State dropdown -> Manage Layer States...)
    3. Click Import and navigate to the standards file.
    4. Now the Layer states list includes a "National CAD Standard Layers". Select it and observe the column "Same as DWG" - the value will be No.
    5. At this point, check the upper-right frame of the window for the properties you might NOT want to overwrite in your file.
    6. Click Restore. Now the "Same as DWG" column of the layer state will say Yes, all of the layers will be imported, and existing layers will be changed to the new properties.
    Notes:
    The layer manager only operates when called, so new changes in your file aren't constrained by the template.
    The standards file has 542 layers, so now when whenever you click a layer dropdown, it will take an extra moment to load. I generally import the standards layers to rectify layers in my current drawing then purge to get rid of the layers I don't need.
    If you make a change to the standards file, you'll want to open the Layer States Manager, select the "National CAD Standard Layers" then click Update and close the dialog. Save the file and it will be ready to be imported to another file again.

When I receive an AEC DWG I'll mute all the industry layers to gray so I can see my own work. Here's my template for that:
    JL CAD LAYER STANDARDS.dwg
    Attached Files Attached Files