See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: plot command does not use supplied .ctb file

Login to Give a bone

Default plot command does not use supplied .ctb file

Can someone please explain to me why the -plot (command-line) command will not accept a .ctb file for plotting? (The drawings are already set up to use .ctb files for plotting.) It works fine in the dialog box but not from the command line. Here is the code I'm trying to implement:
    Code:
    (command "-PLOT" "YES" "MODEL" _Plotter _SheetName "INCHES" _Orientation "NO" "WINDOW" _ptLowerLeft _ptUpperRight (strcat "1=" (rtos _PlotScale 2 1)) "CENTER" "YES" "F:/PEN TABLES/HES.STANDARD.CTB" "NO" "AS DISPLAYED" "NO" "NO" "YES")
    Note that this doesn't work even when I enter these values directly at the command prompt. I have also tried this command answering "no" to 'plot with styles' and have also left out the directory (HES.STANDARD.CTB). Nothing seems to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2019-07-30 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Please use [CODE] Tags; removed extra closing bracket

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: plot command does not use supplied .ctb file

Wow, that looks like a hot mess.

Using Layouts with Page setups this macro will plot any I have no matter the size or plot device it should go to:
    Code:
    ^C^C-Plot;No;;;;No;No;Yes
    All our Page setups include the Plot Style table with Plot area set to Layout so they always plot correctly. Makes Publishing an entire project pretty simple as well.

I've never seen a path included with a Plot Style before, why isn't it in your Plot Style Table Search Path?

Login to Give a bone

I may be wrong, but I think the ctb assigned has to be found within the defined plot style path listed under Options -> File -> Printer Support File Path -> Plot Style Table Search Path … I think once you add your folder to the search location list (it can be more than one search folder), you should be able to use "HES.STANDARD.CTB" for the value.

Rob

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Miller View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think the ctb assigned has to be found within the defined plot style path listed under Options -> File -> Printer Support File Path -> Plot Style Table Search Path … I think once you add your folder to the search location list (it can be more than one search folder), you should be able to use "HES.STANDARD.CTB" for the value.

Rob
    Correct, though I still prefer the way we had to handle multiple plot style folders before multiple folder locations were allowed. Adding shortcuts to the other folders in each of them works just as well and makes navigating between them easier. While I've got quite a collection from consultants we've worked with names with spaces and many different characters in them that's the first one I've seen with a period in it. Wonder it that was the problem?