Thread: Revit font scaling

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Revit font scaling

Hello,

I'm quite new to this forum and I'm seeking a little help with my project that I've been working on. The issue that I'm having is that I'm trying to create a set of drawings on a 11x17 sheet for a portfolio but my fonts are just not consistent throughout the drawings. For example I have a floor plan at 1:200 so that it would fit nicely in the paper space but using a font of 2.5 mm or higher just doesn't look good or fit properly. Furthermore my details are using a scale of 1:10 - 1:25 and using a font size of 2.5mm works quite well but if I was to use lets say a smaller font size that works well with my floor plans for ex. 1.5mm it looks awful.

so my question really is how do I get all my views to use a font size that works well? Is there something I'm overlooking? I think my lack of knowledge with the program is hindering me from finding a probably easy solution.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit font scaling

Quote Originally Posted by zz.santuary.zz784723 View Post
    Hello,

I'm quite new to this forum and I'm seeking a little help with my project that I've been working on. The issue that I'm having is that I'm trying to create a set of drawings on a 11x17 sheet for a portfolio but my fonts are just not consistent throughout the drawings. For example I have a floor plan at 1:200 so that it would fit nicely in the paper space but using a font of 2.5 mm or higher just doesn't look good or fit properly. Furthermore my details are using a scale of 1:10 - 1:25 and using a font size of 2.5mm works quite well but if I was to use lets say a smaller font size that works well with my floor plans for ex. 1.5mm it looks awful.

so my question really is how do I get all my views to use a font size that works well? Is there something I'm overlooking? I think my lack of knowledge with the program is hindering me from finding a probably easy solution.
    Hello there and welcome!
    Congrats on your first post.

First of all let me tell you that it is standard practice to use the same "text size" through a set of drawings. The finished prints will all have the same text size(s) no matter what the scales are.
    You wouldn't typically use a smaller size text because it fits better and smaller scale plan, you would change the scale of the plan, split the plan up with match lines, or work around it.
    We sometimes create a separate plan of the same area for a different purpose to remove the text clutter trying to put it all on one plan, like a foundation plan and a slab plan, calling out different information but showing some of the same stuff.

So while working in Revit, you use the same text styles, dimension styles and tags (with the same text sizes/properties) throughout the project, they will scale automatically.

So to answer your question, choose the size you want to use, [the common sizes are .1 or .125 (3/32" or 1/8"), 2.5mm or 3mm plotted height], and find a way to make that work on the whole set.

HTH