Hello,

I have been searching for a while now and although I have seen some others have had this issue, I have seen no response that will fix it. I tried Autodesk's Knowledge base and get nowhere.

The problem:

I have created about 100 tables in my .dwg which extract their data from attributes in blocks within the same drawing. The tables create fine. They work fine for a while. Then, when I try to do an update of the table data links (the .dxe files and the .dwg file are being saved on our network, not locally to my workstation) I receive an error message "Some of the drawing files referenced by the data extraction could not be found". I have attached a snippet of the error called Capture1.png.Capture1.PNG

I have gone into the xref manager and located the .dxe files associated with the table data and I can see that the paths are correct and also confirm that the files exist and are named correctly on the server. See Capture2.png
Capture2.PNG

The .dwg file being used and being referenced here is the same .dwg that the tables are created in, so the error the AutoCAD is throwing at me makes little sense. If I select "Continue" the data will either 1) disappear altogether, leaving just the title and header rows, or 2) will be populated with data from another table or data extraction that is not relevant.

The weird part is they will work fine for most of the day, and then all of a sudden they start to break and tables all go blank. I would attach the .dwg file here but it contains proprietary client information. My gut tells me that the problem is with the .dxe files or the .dwg file being located remotely on our server, but I am at a loss and have tried everything regarding the tables themselves (table style, text styles, attribute naming, etc...) and although I have found some great info on table best practices, it seems to make no difference in regard to losing the data.

So, has anyone else run into this problem? Our IT guy is on call, but he will likely be of no help because without knowledge of how AutoCAD functions, he is dead in the water. If he solves the problem first I will return with the solution, but in the mean time, please help!

Yours,
ABird-ATI