Thread: delete option for cleaning up PC3 files and plotters

Wish List Administration

Default delete option for cleaning up PC3 files and plotters

Summary: can we have a delete option for old pc3 files and plotters from the plot dialogue box

Description: I have a huge list of old PC3 files and plotters in the printer/plotter scroll-down-list, in the print dialogue box. I can't find a way to clean this list up. A way of deleting these would be nice. Thanks

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - Plot

Submitted By: wfergusson734584 on 10/16/2019

Default Re: delete option for cleaning up PC3 files and plotters

This can be controlled using Support File Search Paths, by pointing your Profile to the desired folder where CAD will find PC3, etc files in that folder and any shortcut folders in same.

If you're only wanting a portion of what you have in your list, simply copy the ones you want (and any of their mapped PMP files, etc) to a new folder (on the network?) and point your Profile to that folder instead & restart CAD.

HTH
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Certifiable AUGI Addict

For anyone not sure where those files are the PLOTTERMANAGER command opens the folder with all those pc3 files as well as the folders for Plot Styles and PMP Files.
    It's available on the AutoCAD ribbon tab Output panel Plot as Plotter Manager.

You could consider adding an Excess folder to move excess pc3, ctb, stb, and pmp files to under that folder as well. Then if you find a need for any of the them again you would know where to find them. BlackBox's method would survive an upgrade better though. If you still have pc3 files for device names your office no longer has go ahead and delete them.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post

thank you, this did the trick nicely

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: delete option for cleaning up PC3 files and plotters

The wish has already been granted. This thread is closed to further posts.