Thread: Pipe Railing problem

Login to Give a bone

Default Pipe Railing problem

I'm having problems with a pipe railing on the stair. It should be at the level of the floor by the end of the stair, but it just keeps going on! I tried editing the railing and the boundary of the stairs with no result.

I tried using a square handrail railing and it works fine but with pipe's I'm having this problem

Can someone please help me?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Pipe Railing problem

Click on the railing, click edit sketch, with the split tool split the line at the floor edge(the last riser) This will then let that last segment go flat. If it doesn't automatically, then highlight that line segment and in the options bar ther is a pull down for wether you want it sloped, flat or by host.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Pipe Railing problem

That did the trick! Although I have the slight feeling that this is one of those things in Revit that wasn't really paid much attention during programming.

They really should give more attention to stairs, specially railings. (hope they did that in revit 8 ).

Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

I could open another thread, but since that looked like a waste of space I'm going to re-use this one (unless a mod decides its best to open a new one).

So far so good, but I've got two remaining questions before finishing this flight of stairs:

- can I set the stringer so that that the highlighted part can be flat instead of sloped? I tried to go into sketchmode, split and then set that segment for flat, but it remains sloped after finishing the sketch.

- can I connect both railings (from the stairs and the one hosted by the floor) so they connect to each other? So far what I've managed to do (it's not in the pic), was to sketch the floor railing and extend that part to the stairs railing. It doesn't seem bad but it could possibly look better and perhaps there is some other way to do it more easily? I had to go through a bit of trial and error.

Thanks in advance

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pfrederico
    I could open another thread, but since that looked like a waste of space I'm going to re-use this one (unless a mod decides its best to open a new one).

So far so good, but I've got two remaining questions before finishing this flight of stairs:

- can I set the stringer so that that the highlighted part can be flat instead of sloped? I tried to go into sketchmode, split and then set that segment for flat, but it remains sloped after finishing the sketch.
    Yes. Stair Type Properties > Trim Stringer at Top > Match Level.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrederico
    - can I connect both railings (from the stairs and the one hosted by the floor) so they connect to each other? So far what I've managed to do (it's not in the pic), was to sketch the floor railing and extend that part to the stairs railing. It doesn't seem bad but it could possibly look better and perhaps there is some other way to do it more easily? I had to go through a bit of trial and error..
    You cannot use join geometry ( I wish you could )
    You can get things pretty close though, trial and error as you say.
    When your stringer is fixed, check that the sketch line for the railing finishes at the top riser, then check that the floor hosted railing finishes at the same point. Some minor height adjustment may then be necessary.

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Pipe Railing problem

Your suggestion to edit the stringer makes sense but it's not working!! I went into stair properties and edited the stringer to match the landing and it remains sloped!

I'm attaching the stairs in hope you can find what's the source of the problem...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Something along these lines ?

I adjusted the stair height to finish at the upper level.
    Attached Files Attached Files