See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who can introduce the differcene among LDT,CIVIL3D,CIVIL DESIGN?

Login to Give a bone

Default who can introduce the differcene among LDT,CIVIL3D,CIVIL DESIGN?

THANKS IN ADVANCE..i want to do site design.which is the best choice?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: who can introduce the differcene among LDT,CIVIL3D,CIVIL DESIGN?

You will want to use a combination of LDT/Civil Design
    or C3D. Either will work with proper training.

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Civil 3D is still lacking a few needed tools to use for complete design IMHO. If your pocketbook isn't very big, I would go with LDT and Civil Design packages. Civil 3D still has a way to go before it can truly be considered "ready for prime time". I will use 3D for my basic conceptual work and then port it over to LDT\Civil Design to do my actual designs.

Login to Give a bone

if i only need to creat site model,which is my optium choice?

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

That would fall into my "Conceptual" area, so I would say 3D would work the best. With 3D you can build your model and even apply different visualizations to it. Sounds like this is what you are looking for.

Login to Give a bone

thanks very much.can i creat roadway on the terrain in civil 3d?
    Last edited by jiaoyanbing; 2005-04-10 at 04:38 PM.

Login to Give a bone

compared with pracsys "sprosite,what is the advantanges of civil 3d ?its price is far more than prosite.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

With the current release of Civil 3D you can perform site layout, grading design and quantities and horizontal and vertical alignments of roadways. The new release due very soon will include sanitary and storm sewer design and hydrology.
    I am not familiar with the prosite software so am unable to compare the two. Before making a final decision you should consider the discussions on other threads in this forum regarding the complex user interface with Civil 3D and the difficulties many users are having. It is very powerful software with great promise that unfortunately seems to require a great deal of training and set up time before its full potential can be met.

Login to Give a bone

it seems that autodesk will giveup ldt.can i creat a pad like in revit in civil3d?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Yes, a building pad can be defined as a grading object in Civil 3D. If you are used to the interface for Revit, I think you will have an easy adjustment to Civil 3D. I have been trying a few things with Revit r7 and have found it to be very similar to Civil 3D as they are both object and style oriented and share a similar method of defining these objects and styles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast